Google Groups

Re: [OpenSTV] Help with OpenSTV

Jeff O'Neill Aug 25, 2011 10:12 AM
Posted in group: OpaVote/OpenSTV Questions

When I use OpenSTV 1.6.1-1 installed from Ubuntu the file menu works fine.  Since I can't reproduce it, I can't fix it...

You can try downloading the latest version, 2.0.0, from and see if that works.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Tyler Brown <> wrote:
Hi Jeff,

The version is 1.6.1-1. I downloaded it from the software center available to ubuntu. I believe the software center connects directly to your website; I didn't have to choose a mirror.

Thanks for your help,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Jeffrey O'Neill <> wrote:

Which version of OpenSTV are you using and how did you install it?

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Tyler Bizown <> wrote:

I've looked around but still cannot figure out how to use OpenSTV. I've downloaded the sample vote file from the website but have been unable to select anything from the File menu. It does not appear that there is a file menu available to select.

I'm using Ubuntu, latest version, and this may be a factor.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the OpenSTV Questions group.
OpenSTV Announcements group:
OpenSTV Developers group: