Google Groups

Re: [openhab] openHAB + Android = HABDroid

Kai Mar 11, 2012 12:41 PM
Posted in group: openhab
Haha, ok, understood :-)
But I appreciate that you chose openHAB as the target of your very first Android ambitions :-)

Regards,
Kai

Am 11.03.2012 um 16:16 schrieb Victor Belov:

Hi,

As I never did Android applications too, I would prefer to push the code a little bit later, after I make it a less shame to show :-)

Best regards,
Victor Belov

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM, Kai Kreuzer <k...@openhab.org> wrote:
Hi Victor,

Excellent!!!
I don't think anybody was working on a Android app in stealth mode, but you!
Sooner or later I wanted to start one as I am an Android user myself. But as I haven't started learning implementing Android apps, that was still something for later… So you can count on my full support and we will definitely help making it an official part of the project.

I think if possible, you should stay with the black background - it is more Android like and if we stick to transparent images, it should hopefully be possible.
Feel free to push the code already to a clone repository. This way you can get early feedback on code and the one or other might already build it himself and test it on other devices.

Best regards,
Kai

Am 11.03.2012 um 15:49 schrieb Victor Belov:

Hi,

Just wanted to share a small video:

I decided to write an Android client app for openHAB, cause there is one already for iPhone and I wasn't able to find any activity on such an app for Android on the Internet. If somebody is doing that in stealth mode you still can stop me and convert me into a helper :-)

I've spent about 3 evenings writing this, so this is just a beginning, with basic model and navigation. It is connected to demo openHAB on Kai's site on the video, icons downloaded and cached locally. The app is running on Google Nexus S

No controls yet and I gonna spend a lot of time on making items more beautiful instead of just ugly displaying the "label" field… And I think I need to move to white background maybe...

I didn't check the Android developer license yet, but hope it will permit to publish HABDroid as open source and include into openHAB project!

Best regards,
Victor Belov