Google Groups

Re: [open-lighting] Re: Problems Using the OlaOutput external with Max 6

Maschinist Mar 4, 2012 6:45 AM
Posted in group: open-lighting
Hi Daniel and Simon,

thank you for your response. Good to know. I thought in this direction and tried the Object in Max 5 on the same system with the same result. So the problem is not in the Max-Space at all, as you said. I figured out that the Object is looking for the libraries in the wrong place instate of d:/usr/local/lib/libola.1.dylib the library is located under /opt/local/lib/libola.1.dylib when you installed OLA via MacPorts, as Simon mentioned. I thouged, I could fix this by myself, by changing this in the code for the object an recompile it via Xcodes. But it was harder then I expected, first I couldn't find the line of code responsible for loading the libraries and second I never tried to build my own Max-Objects before and so far just fooled around with Xcodes. So this is a new Path as well and I have some reading to do, with a lot of trial and error in between. :-) If you can help me with this, I would be happy to compile the code with the Max 6 SDK and run some test, maybe we can get a Max6 Version for the Object out of this :-). I will come back with questions in the next few days.

kind regards
robin

On Saturday, 3 March 2012 07:06:49 UTC+1, Simon Newton wrote:
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Daniel <akno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, that must have been why I got the /usr version. I think i'll try
> the macports method as long as it gives me the 32 bit version (for
> Max). Will it if i'm using the standard 'sudo port install ola' cmd
> line, or will I need some flags?

Add  +universal when installing ola.

Simon