Google Groups

stop_times.txt::shape_dist_traveled and shapes.txt::shape_dist_traveled

Michael Frumin Mar 15, 2012 7:44 AM
Posted in group: onebusaway-developers

Currently our GTFS has neither stop_times.txt::shape_dist_traveled nor shapes.txt::shape_dist_traveled so OBA calculates both itself, apparently correctly in every case I’ve looked at.

I’m considering trying to add these fields, but I want to know how much risk this will create around how OBA digests and uses our GTFS.  Does OBA even use these fields *if* they are there, or does it always re-calculate them for itself?

My concern is that if we messed it up at first, we might be breaking something that’s not currently broken.