Google Groups

RE: [onebusaway-developers] stop_times.txt::shape_dist_traveled and shapes.txt::shape_dist_traveled

Michael Frumin Mar 16, 2012 11:31 AM
Posted in group: onebusaway-developers
Brian, thanks.

Should I take your response on the transit-developers list to indicate that in fact OBA ignores these entirely, or at least sufficiently so as to not affect anything we are doing?

Thanks,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: onebusaway...@googlegroups.com [mailto:onebusaway...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Brian Ferris
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:19 PM
To: onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [onebusaway-developers] stop_times.txt::shape_dist_traveled and shapes.txt::shape_dist_traveled

I'm pretty sure OBA ignores both shape_dist_traveled fields, even when
specified, because there is no guarantee from the spec about what
units will be used for these values (we use meters internally) and we
generally trust ourselves to compute these values just as accurately
if not more so than the GTFS providers.  I will check the code later
tonight to confirm.

Brian