Google Groups

inetmanet always totally recompile

Eric Gamess Apr 10, 2012 9:04 PM
Posted in group: OMNeT++ Users
Hello,

I just downloaded the last version of inetmanet
and could compiled it with omnetpp-4.2.2.

tar zxvf omnetpp-4.2.2-src.tgz
cd omnetpp-4.2.2
./configure
make        ==> Compilation of omnetpp-4.2.2 is OK
git clown git://github.com/inetmanet/inetmanet.git
cd inetmanet
make makefiles
make    ==> Compilation of inetmanet is OK

Then, I created a first inetmanet project in directory
inetmanet/src/project1. When I try to build the
"executable", all inetmanet is recompiled (it take
at least 15 minutes to recompile all inetmanet).

cd omnetpp-4.2.2/inetmanet
make makefiles
make      ===> This rebuild all inetmanet (a very long time)

Then, I created a second inetmanet project in directory
inetmanet/src/project2. When I try to build the
"executable", all inetmanet is recompiled (it take
at least 15 minutes to recompile all inetmanet).

cd omnetpp-4.2.2/inetmanet
make makefiles
make      ===> This rebuild all inetmanet (a very long time)

How can I just compile a new project???? Not all
inetmanet from the beginning???

Note: several months ago, I used versions of omnetpp/inetmanet
that will only recompile the modified (or new) files. Not all
inetmanet from the beginning. Much better!!!

Thank you for your answer.

Eric.