Google Groups

Re: [OMG] Re: Bridge Competition Rules

ejk00 Apr 9, 2012 11:20 AM
Posted in group: Omaha Maker Group
The attached is what I was thinking.  The support structure could itself be a go/no-go gauge for the geometric envelope.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM, David Knaack <david...@gmail.com> wrote:
The bridge can be up to 50 cm in length, and must span a 30 cm gap, so the support structure must provide 20 cm of support at each end (well, to be precise, 10 at one end, 20 at the other).

For stability and to guarantee co-planar surfaces, it seemed simplest to have the two supports made from one board. Depending on what material we've got to work with, I'd like to have the opening large enough to provide good visibility in case a bridge breaks or sags dramatically. Maybe it can be 'C' shaped, with one side open for observation.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Eric J. Kaplan <ekap...@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh. I was thinking of 2 vertical uprights, like a real bridge would sit on. Guess I read the rules wrong.

--

Eric J. Kaplan