Google Groups

Re: [OMG] Re: Bridge Competition Rules

ejk00 Apr 9, 2012 10:09 AM
Posted in group: Omaha Maker Group
Oh. I was thinking of 2 vertical uprights, like a real bridge would sit on. Guess I read the rules wrong.

Sent from Eric's iPhone

On Apr 9, 2012, at 11:47 AM, David Knaack <> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Eric Kaplan <> wrote:
I assume the "clean flat board" is for building the bridge support structure?

Correct. I plan for it to have a central rectangular hole 30 x 20 cm for the bridge to span. The board itself will be supported between tables/benches.

I've been looking at some ideas for weights for a project in my home shop.  If I come up with something soon, we could certainly use those, too.  If not, I might (_might_) be able to borrow some from work.  We have a supply of 2.5-pound weights from Sports Authority that we use for our in-house testing.

We have a fairly big pile of aluminum ingots that we can probably select from and modify to get close to the right weight.