Google Groups

Re: Deflated Self-Evaluation

Patrick Mulder Apr 16, 2012 1:16 AM
Posted in group: Objects on Rails
I like that book on "deliberate practice" too (it's even more
interesting together with Malcom Gladwell's Outliers book, showing
more examples of the 10'000 hours rule in practice). From motivation
theory, this video is interesting too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHbxB2Q48Zo&list=PL36CDB8219D1DF744&index=26&feature=plpp_video

@programming: What somewhat works for me is, making "sandbox"
projects, that indeed live only 1-2 weeks. In Rails context, those
sandbox projects are often blog applications. In a C/C++ project, my
sandbox often only consits of some strange-looking pattern of foo,
bar, Foo, Bar, *, &, "new" combinations only to understand why a
certain syntax works, and another syntax variation is not working.