Google Groups

RE: Youporn.com is now a 100% Redis Site

Eric Pickup Feb 16, 2012 10:04 AM
Posted in group: NoSQL Databases
Thanks for the logos.  I'll be posting the slides online after the talk and will be working on some articles.

The talk won't cover much of anything in depth.  It is only an hour long and will serve as a high-level overview of all techs used (strengths, weaknesses, etc).  I'll be doing future talks and articles about the specific techs used.

Most of our data itself is found in hashes with ordered sets used to know what data to show.   A typical lookup would be an zInterStore on:

videos:filters:released
Videos:filters:orientation:straight
Videos:filters:categories:{category_id}
Videos:ordering:rating

We would then do a zRange to get the pages we want and get the list of video_ids back.  We then start a pipeline and get all the videos from hashes.

We do use some key/value lookups and some lists but the majority of our operations are using the above pattern.

Eric Pickup
YouPorn Lead Developer
Manwin Canada
Office: +1.514.359.3555