Google Groups

Re: [nltk-users] Precision and Recall metrics in nltk

Denzil Correa Feb 20, 2012 3:26 AM
Posted in group: nltk-users

--Regards,
Denzil

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Lars Buitinck <lars...@gmail.com> wrote:
2012/2/19 Rami Al-Rfou' <rmy...@gmail.com>:
> I am trying to figure out how to use precision and recall methods in nltk.
> There is no examples in the module to explain usage.
>
> While accuracy method accepts lists of gold and test lists to compute
> accuracy, precision and recall methods accept sets of values.

It seems like these functions can be used to compute precision and
recall for something like a search engine, where you get a set of
results for a query, but not for classifier evaluation.

Interesting, is this true? I see a post by Jacob Perkins on StreamHacker (his blog) saying something different. It would be great if there's an official confirmation on this.

scikit-learn
has precision, recall and F1 for classification, if that's what you're
looking for. http://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/classes.html#classification-metrics