Google Groups

Re: [nltk-users] Precision and Recall metrics in nltk

Denzil Correa Feb 20, 2012 3:26 AM
Posted in group: nltk-users

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Lars Buitinck <> wrote:
2012/2/19 Rami Al-Rfou' <>:
> I am trying to figure out how to use precision and recall methods in nltk.
> There is no examples in the module to explain usage.
> While accuracy method accepts lists of gold and test lists to compute
> accuracy, precision and recall methods accept sets of values.

It seems like these functions can be used to compute precision and
recall for something like a search engine, where you get a set of
results for a query, but not for classifier evaluation.

Interesting, is this true? I see a post by Jacob Perkins on StreamHacker (his blog) saying something different. It would be great if there's an official confirmation on this.

has precision, recall and F1 for classification, if that's what you're
looking for.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "nltk-users" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at