Google Groups

Re: [mvdbms] Re: Pick Magazines going to recycle unless ..

Kevin Powick May 4, 2012 11:44 AM
Posted in group: Pick and MultiValue Databases

On Friday, 4 May 2012 13:27:14 UTC-4, Steven Davies-Morris wrote:

Judging by what I recall about the MV magazines I had just about all of
the publishers of said magazines are defunct.

Defunct or not, somebody holds the copyright and it is likely still valid.  Though I would probably go ahead with posting and if someone complains, deal with it at that time.  After all, that's exactly how Google handles copyright.

Having said that.  I question the value of the effort.  Other than nostalgia, what real value is there going to be in a bunch of tech articles from the 80's and 90's? Especially since the scanned contents will just be images of which the text will not be indexed for searching.

Regards,

--
Kevin Powick