Google Groups

Interesting blog post on "binge drinking" and conferences

chei...@mozilla.com Apr 5, 2012 12:41 AM
Posted in group: mozilla.engagement.developers
Here's a chap who stopped going to conferences as he feels excluded as
he doesn't drink:

http://ryanfunduk.com/culture-of-exclusion/

I have to say I agree with a lot of the stuff he says, we could make a
difference at our events and maybe invite a different crowd by pointing
out a few of the things he wants to have. Like "afterparty without loud
music and coffees for networking".

It is an interesting point that maybe our conference circuit is trying
to make it too easy to overcome social awkwardness with alcohol.