Google Groups

Re: CNNIC Inclusion Request for Additional Root

Erwann Abalea May 31, 2012 6:12 AM
Posted in group: mozilla.dev.security.policy
Le jeudi 31 mai 2012 13:30:19 UTC+2, Gervase Markham a écrit :
> On 31/05/12 10:21, Erwann Abalea wrote:
> > I was recently in China (2 weeks ago), and I can confirm that Google
> > Groups is not accessible from there, which makes it difficult for
> > chinese users to comment on this inclusion.
>
> It seems from Kathleen's message that our check came out differently;
> but then, I believe the GFW works differently in different places.

I read the bug ticket after writing my comment, and noticed the access confirmation to the http version of google groups (notice the non-TLS URL, which is redirected to an HTTPS URL).
I tried to connect from my hotel (wired), from the wifi airport, and from the wifi during the PKDBoard meeting, in Hangzhou. I had access to gmail and google+, but any connection attempt to google groups timed out.

> Regardless, she is accepting emailed comments, and there is a specific
> note that:

> "This inclusion request information and related documents may be freely
> redistributed."
>
> so people inside China should feel free to republish and circulate her
> post to aid informed discussion.

Will "no answer" be considered as "no negative comment"?