Google Groups

Re: hardware-accelerated audio/video decoding in Gecko (bug 714408)

Andreas Gal Mar 12, 2012 11:44 AM
Posted in group: mozilla.dev.platform
Google pledged many things they didn't follow through with and our users and our project are paying the price. H.264 wont go away. Holding out just a little longer buys us exactly nothing.

We can't license decodes and ship those. That would bar others from shipping Firefox without entering into the same deals. All we are talking about is using existing accelerated decoders that already are licensed and available on the system.

Andreas

Sent from Mobile.