Google Groups

Re: Android/ARM Firefox Perforamance: where we are and where to go

JP Rosevear Sep 8, 2011 7:44 AM
Posted in group: mozilla.dev.planning
On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 11:07 -0700, L. David Baron wrote:
> On Sunday 2011-09-04 20:44 +0300, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> > If the text size that the solution chooses is still too small when the
> > line length matches the screen width, what recourse does the user
> > have? With Opera Mobile, the user can choose any zoom level and the
> > line length adjusts so that any given block can be read without
> > horizontal panning.
>
> Yeah, I agree that that's a problem; it's hard to offer a solution
> in the font size inflation model other than a preference for the
> "minimum readable text size".
>
> I think combining the zoom-method-independent rewrapping that you
> describe with font size inflation may be a best-of-both-worlds
> solution.

What David is working on is also covered in:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/Features/readability

As you can see a lot of discussion went on before picking a way forward.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <j...@mozilla.com>
Mozilla