Google Groups

Re: The future of binary embedding

sdenning Apr 8, 2011 7:54 AM
Posted in group: mozilla.dev.embedding
On Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:54:13 PM UTC, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
> On 4/7/11 3:42 PM, sdenning wrote:
> > 4) Even if we do not use gtkmozembed directly, are there other components that will be affected?  Specifically, will there be an impact to programs like the wxEmbed test driver:  mozilla/embedding/tests/wxEmbed/
> I don't think that code is built, and will likely be removed also.

It doesn't get built automatically, but it does serve as a good sample program and in a xulrunner-1.9.0.6 distribution I was able to build it.  I guess my concern is whether the APIs a wx-based C++ embedded app would be affected with the removal of gtkmozembed.  It seems like gtkmozembed was just the embedding of low-level gtk, where embedded applications that use wx (wrapper for gtk) would be unaffected?