Google Groups

Re: [mongodb-user] Re: VM installer for Azure: null response in validate-image-name.js when querying OS images

Ryan Smith Jul 10, 2012 10:32 AM
Posted in group: mongodb-user
Hello Sridhar,
We are allowing the tool to install the node.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM, sridhar <> wrote:
Did you allow the tool to install node or did you have node previously installed? If you previously had it installed what version of node?

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:08:56 AM UTC-7, Ryan Smith wrote:
There may be an issue with my network or workstation. My associate successfully ran the installer this morning using the same Azure account / image. I will experiment.

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:49:03 AM UTC-7, Ryan Smith wrote:
I see the same error for both an existing image, and for new image.

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:49:10 AM UTC-7, gregor wrote:
Are you just seeing problems trying to use this exising image? Can you deploy with another image/ create a new image sucessfully?

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:36:11 AM UTC+1, Ryan Smith wrote:
I am not able to run the VM installer for Azure successfully.

First I was getting a null error in validate-image-name.js [line 205] when retrieving OS images.
When I correct that error by adding a null-check condition for variable 'rspobj', I can then see the error message from Azure management call: "Error: getaddrinfo ENOENT".
I have retried the installation multiple times over the past two hours with the same result.

Command line: .\deploy-mongo.ps1 1 mongodb-si-02 mongoDBsi mypass "West US" "C:\....publishsettings"

info:    Executing command account import
info:    Setting service endpoint to:
info:    Found subscription: RSAzure
info:    Found subscription: Windows Azure MSDN - Visual Studio Ultimate
info:    Setting default subscription to: RSAzure
info:    Use "azure account set" to change to a different one.
warn:    The 'C:\...publishsettings' file contains sensitive
warn:    Remember to delete it now that it has been imported.
info:    Account publish settings imported successfully
info:    account import command OK
info:   Validating image 'mongoDBsi'
|error:  Error: getaddrinfo ENOENT
error:  Image validation failed