Google Groups

Re: [MauiMakers][HI Cap] Robotic Spacecraft visible from Hawaii

Jerry Isdale Mar 28, 2012 1:38 PM
Posted in group: MauiMakers
10 deg isnt quite overhead, but should be cool to see - clouds permitting.

I remember a few years back (like 10) when the space shuttle and russian ship were heading for docking with space station - all three were visible at the same time for a few minutes.  I happened to be waiting at my son's school for a back to school night or something similar with a whole bunch of kids & parents.  Great teaching moment.

Jerry Isdale

On Mar 28, 2012, at 9:21 AM, wrote:

An article in the Huffington Post describes a robotic spacecraft that is on its way to the International Space Station.
I looked it up on and we'll be able to see it pass overhead on the evening of April 6:
ATV-3 - Visible Passes | Home | Info. | Orbit | Help |

So, 7:49 PM, 10 degrees above the horizon looking South moving East, lasts about three minutes.