Google Groups

Re: [Maui Kayak Sailing] Anyone sailing this week(end)?

ShakaGeoff Feb 25, 2012 1:39 PM
Posted in group: Maui Kayak Sailing
I'm interested. I think I'm taking the day off sailing today, and might try to make a "utility" half tramp. I've been out a lot and I need a day off.

Anyway, I don't know about tomorrow (Sun) if the winds are going to be that strong. I'm probably going to do an early kayak run in a spot I think won't see much wind (Makena or west side). From my looks at the forecasts, I think it will be a bit lighter than your prediction on Sunday, but I trust your predictions over my own. I might be able to get out during the week if I have a heads up on when you might want to go out, so keep me posted.

Thanks,

Geoff

On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:00 AM, Kayaking Bob wrote:

Today should be pretty light winds for an easy light sail.
Tomorrow (Sunday) is forcasted to be quite a bit rougher (20k winds, 7 foot wind waves).
Then during the week (so far) forcasted to be nice 15k trade winds with 5 foot wind waves.

Starting Sunday, Kirk Dornfeld and his wife Carol, TI owners from the Hobie Forum who live in MN, will be on island and would like to get out sailing and meet fellow AI/TI sailors.

Silver Moon Art & Design
Geoffrey T. Moore, Owner
808.579.6402
Cell: 808.572.1963