Google Groups

Parser generator for Marpa

Peter Stuifzand Mar 16, 2012 7:36 AM
Posted in group: marpa parser
Hi all,

I just 'released' the latest code for the Marpa parser generator to
GitHub. Similar to a combination of lex and yacc.

    https://github.com/pstuifzand/Marpa-parser-generator/

It contains a description of a parser in a BNF, which can be
transformed into a program that parses such a description. It's all
very meta. Take a look at a description to get an idea of what it is.

    https://github.com/pstuifzand/Marpa-parser-generator/blob/master/marpa.mp

Each line can also contains a 'rule' description and a piece of Perl
code. It looks like a BNF, but it's actually more like a configuration
language for Marpa::XS, a lexer and a code generator.

This is very much a work in progress. I welcome feedback.

--
Peter Stuifzand