Google Groups

Re: Vintage & Gadgets

Samantha Mills Jul 4, 2012 5:00 AM
Posted in group: Manchester Mini Maker Faire UK
Yes Danielle, my thoughts exactly as I come from a readymade background with craft & design.  Looking to define the meaning of vintage is hard when trying to write about it.  As I always thought it was a period of time, some have narrowed that time down, and some have brought it into retro?  when does it end and begin?  Is vintage a classic? Or a fine wine? No clear definition.  Look forward to your interaction on the subject!
Sam

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:43:20 AM UTC+1, Danielle Lowy wrote:
Hi Sam
What an interesting topic for discussion. I do a few craft fairs with my Rubbish Revamped recycled crafts and often see the word vintage seemingly misused on new items.
Look forward to meeting you on the day.
Danielle

On Monday, June 25, 2012 11:57:05 AM UTC+1, Samantha Mills wrote:
Saddleworth Vintage & Handmade  would like to ask What is "Vintage"?  A word or statement that describes the meaning of "Vintage"

Also what is your favorite vintage gadget and why?

Hope to hear back soon.
With thanks
Sam