Google Groups

Re: [manchester-mini-maker-faire-:41] Re: risk assessment

nop head Jul 17, 2012 8:17 AM
Posted in group: Manchester Mini Maker Faire UK

On 17 July 2012 16:10, Torben <tor...@steeg.co.uk> wrote:
Hi there,

The response from MOSI is:
Yes, the building has a normal provision of fire extinguishers but if he
perceives an enhanced fire risk we need to know asap as the building is
made of wood!

I assume, though, that you are simply thinking through all eventualities as a part of your Risk Assessment? And this includes the (very remote) risk of an electrical fire?

Yes exactly that, here is the quote from my risk assessment:
As with all mains electrical appliances there is a very small but finite risk of fire so there needs to be fire extinguishers suitable for electrical fires to be present in the hall.

And in the actions section:
Check there are suitable fire extinguishers on site.

Which is why I asked.

Thanks, Chris

Cheers,

Torben

On Monday, 16 July 2012 09:58:14 UTC+1, nop head wrote:
Am I correct in thinking that there will be fire extinguishers suitable for electrical fires in the exhibition halls?