Google Groups

Re: [manchester-mini-maker-faire-:41] Re: risk assessment

nop head Jul 17, 2012 8:17 AM
Posted in group: Manchester Mini Maker Faire UK

On 17 July 2012 16:10, Torben <> wrote:
Hi there,

The response from MOSI is:
Yes, the building has a normal provision of fire extinguishers but if he
perceives an enhanced fire risk we need to know asap as the building is
made of wood!

I assume, though, that you are simply thinking through all eventualities as a part of your Risk Assessment? And this includes the (very remote) risk of an electrical fire?

Yes exactly that, here is the quote from my risk assessment:
As with all mains electrical appliances there is a very small but finite risk of fire so there needs to be fire extinguishers suitable for electrical fires to be present in the hall.
And in the actions section:
Check there are suitable fire extinguishers on site.

Which is why I asked.

Thanks, Chris

On Monday, 16 July 2012 09:58:14 UTC+1, nop head wrote:
Am I correct in thinking that there will be fire extinguishers suitable for electrical fires in the exhibition halls?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Manchester Mini Maker Faire UK " group.

To post to this group, send an email to
For more options, visit this group at