Google Groups

Re: [makersalliance] Embedded Electronics Classes/Kits for Ingenuity

Damon D Ramsey Sep 6, 2012 4:29 AM
Posted in group: Makers' Alliance
Sam,

I have the following covered:
- help with Friday setup
- help with info and security on Friday & Sunday (have a pre-existing commitment on Saturday)
- cashbox
- donation bucket
- I'll bring my Dell Latitude laptop with the Arduino IDE and other resources on a guest login
- I think the # of pencils we already have should be fine (I'll bring my electric sharpener)

Regards,

Damon aka n0mad
(216) 659-7911
Lakewood, OH

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Sam Harmon <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
All of the major kits & parts have been ordered. We are looking into maybe getting some additional add-ons and things for Arduino experimenters, and have not yet ordered from Parts Express (ground shipping is effectively next-day from them, so no hurry)

Otherwise, things we still need(that I can think of right now):

For Drawdios:
-Pencils (100) - we have a fair number at the space, but I'm not sure of the exact quantity
-all-metal Thumbtacks (100)
-small Zip ties (200)
-AAA batteries (100)

For Diavolinos:
-AA batteries (about 150)
-laptops for programming them (need to just be able to run the Arduino IDE, so nothing too fancy is needed, probably just need one or two more- I'll have my netbook, and a friend is likely donating a netbook as well)
-Mini-USB cables (as many as we have computers for programming)
-lanyards (50+)
-possible Add-ons:
--Electret microphones (I have maybe 2-3 around right now)
--additional LEDs (I have many various ones around)
--photocells (I probably have some somewhere)

In general:
-A cashbox of some sort
-Some sort of bucket for donations (perhaps a plastic carboy?)
-A few hundred signable waivers
-Some sheets with information about the group?
-Updated web page?
-New business card design (deadline is this Friday!)
-Help setting up on Friday the 14th?
-Lots of volunteers to help during the festival
-some more hand tools for each soldering station?

Anything else I'm missing?

Sam