Google Groups

Re: [makersalliance] Embedded Electronics Classes/Kits for Ingenuity

Joe Gorse Aug 30, 2012 6:49 PM
Posted in group: Makers' Alliance
Joe O,

I really liked this idea until I found out that it needed the Papililio in addition to the LogicStart, making it around $90/unit. I am fond of FPGAs, though at this price we may be able to do better for the quantity or functionality in the FPGA world.

Cheers,
Joe

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Joe O'Donnell <joseph....@yahoo.com> wrote:
 That's a good, reasonable list. It would be great to include 2 of these on it as well:

A $40 student oriented FPGA board that can be programmed with classic video games:
http://papilio.cc/index.php?n=Papilio.LogicStartMegaWing

And can also be programmed to be a custom configured Arduino:
http://gadgetforge.gadgetfactory.net/gf/project/wiringide/

Joe