Google Groups

Re: [makersalliance] help recovering crashed hard drive contents?

Alexander Borsi Sep 20, 2012 4:14 PM
Posted in group: Makers' Alliance
Try Recuva on the drive, and what it can recover. Physical damage is
the worst kind of damage to a hard drive.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Steve <oldstev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I attended my first makers alliance meetup last tuesday and was pleased to
> find a group of kindred souls so close by!
> I have been promoting the group at work and might have two or three new
> attendees to bring along next week.
> I already have a question: a co-worker dropped his laptop, causing physical
> damage to the hard drive.
> He purchased a new hard drive and restored the windows OS, and mounted the
> old drive in a usb/sata device.
> He can see the files on the old drive but cannot extract the data, despite
> having downloaded a pay-for tool for this purpose.
> Does anyone have experience recovering data from hard drives with so many
> bad sectors that normal file recovery processes do not work?
> Including removing the platters from the bad drive and putting them into a
> different frame to eliminate issues caused by head damage?
> He tells me in India guys do this all the time! ;-)
> Any help will be appreciated!
>
> Also, yes I would like to take part in the beer committee at the next
> meetup.
> I clicked on the accept link in the email and was rewarded by an fail msg
> from the s/w that sent the msg.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve
>
> st...@kramer.com
>

> .

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human
heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the
brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food,
sleep, friends, love, everything.” -- Nikola Tesla

"Nikola Tesla is the true unsung prophet of the electronic age;
without whom our radio, auto ignition, telephone, alternating current
power generation and transmission, radio and television would all have
been impossible." -- Ben Johnston