Google Groups

Re: listUpdateMember doesnt allow Editing Email Address as it claims

jesse May 11, 2012 10:00 AM
Posted in group: MailChimp API Discuss
You really should update to the latest version of the API.

Then, read the merge var docs for listSubscribe:

That probably worked fine in 1.1, but if not you'll definitely need to upgrade.

On Friday, May 11, 2012 12:53:08 PM UTC-4, Deepak Artal wrote:
If we look at the API doc -

It claims that we can "Edit the email address, merge fields, and interest groups for a list member"

But looks like it cannot allow us to updated the email address of an existing subscriber.

Because - it has parameter for the  Current Email address of the member.
But we do not have a parameter for the Updated Email address of the member.

So if a subscriber's email address changes, looks like, we had to subscribe that person again as a new record to the list .
Is that correct.

Thanks in advance