Google Groups

Re: [Lift] The Happy Lift'r Prize

nafg Oct 26, 2010 5:40 PM
Posted in group: Lift
At least until some other research comes along saying otherwise, anyway... :)

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Paul Dale <paul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think I missed the most interesting point. Applying an extrinsic
>> motivator (reward) to an already intrinsically motivating task makes
>> people LESS creative than they would have been without it.
>
> I am hoping the prize represents a community celebration of a contributor
> and that the celebration/praise serves as an internal motivator as well as a
> way of making clear that the Lift community recognizes and celebrates
> contribution.

So I'm not an expert (and reading half a book about the topic
certainly doesn't make me one).

However, my take (based mainly on reading this research) is that
making sure it is 2/3 recognition 1/3 cash will go further towards
accomplishing this goal. For instance a page on the website publicly
recording the recognition and celebration.