Google Groups

Re: [Lift] OracleDriver MappedString not using varchar2

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen Apr 30, 2012 12:57 AM
Posted in group: Lift
Lachlan Deck <lachla...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 28/04/2012, at 1:12 AM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Lachlan Deck <lachla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> is there a setting to default MappedStrings when the OracleDriver is in play to default to VARCHAR2 instead of VARCHAR?
>>>
>>> 16:34:01.926 [pool-47-thread-2] ERROR n.liftweb.http.provider.HTTPProvider - Failed to Boot! Your application may not run properly
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Database scheme is out of date. The following is missing:
>>> CREATE TABLE bugs (name VARCHAR(255) , address VARCHAR(1000) ............
>>
>> I don't think so. You could create your own driver (extending the
>> existing OracleDriver) and set DriverType.calcDriver....
>
> [error] .../src/main/scala/bootstrap/liftweb/OracleDriver.scala:16: type OracleDriver is not a member of package net.liftweb.db
> [error] object CustomOracleDriver extends net.liftweb.db.OracleDriver
>
> Actually, how do I get it onto the classpath?

Forget my initial idea, just saw that OracleDriver is an object....you
probably need to copy the OracleDriver source and implement your own
changes. A little more involved but just a few lines of code...

/Jeppe