Google Groups

Re: Problem migrating label with unusual apostrophe in the name

Eduardo Fernández Jun 2, 2010 10:49 AM
Posted in group: larch
Do you know of any other characters that make SQLite/larch die?

Thanks for your help and for a great tool!

Eduardo

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Ryan Grove <ry...@wonko.com> wrote:
2010/6/2 Eduardo Fernández <efgon...@gmail.com>:
> I'm using larch to perform a large migration of a client's Google Apps
> account with about 100k emails and a couple hundred labels. Everything went
> well until larch started with the following Gmail label (font size increased
> to notice the apostrophe):
>
> "Teddy’s Bike"
> Note the apostrophe, it's not your regular ' apostrophe, it's a different
> one: ’

*snip*

> And that's it, any suggestions other than changing the label name?

Thanks for the report and the debug output; that's very helpful.

For now, the quickest workaround will probably be to just change the
label so you can continue with your migration. I'll log this as a bug
and investigate. In theory this should work fine, but it seems like
SQLite isn't pleased with that character for some reason.

- Ryan