Google Groups

Re: Duplicate symbols error with XCode 5?

Salman Ansari Sep 13, 2013 12:59 PM
Posted in group: KIF iOS Automated Testing Framework
I noticed with XCode 5 i could update the command line tools and simulators. After doing that, and restarting XCode 5, I am now getting a different error:

ld: building for iOS Simulator, but linking against dylib built for MacOSX file '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Frameworks/SenTestingKit.framework/SenTestingKit' for architecture i386

On Friday, September 13, 2013 3:34:59 PM UTC-4, Salman Ansari wrote:
Hey guys,

I just added KIF 2.0 to a project a week ago, I had it working with a new Acceptance Tests target that ran its tests upon Command-U. Things were looking good. Today, I saw the release announcement and/or wanted to add Specta, but I found that running 'pod install' with XCode 5 generates projects that no longer link correctly when running the test suite.

I get these errors when hitting Command-U:

----------------

duplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_PodsDummy_Pods_Acceptance_Tests_KIF in:

    /Users/daretomac/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Oracle_SRM-gcjnjccgkzwperbtbxcafirdtfxw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/libPods-Acceptance Tests-KIF.a(Pods-Acceptance Tests-KIF-dummy.o)

    /Users/daretomac/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Oracle_SRM-gcjnjccgkzwperbtbxcafirdtfxw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/libPods-Acceptance Tests.a(Pods-Acceptance Tests-KIF-dummy.o)

duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_PodsDummy_Pods_Acceptance_Tests_KIF in:

    /Users/daretomac/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Oracle_SRM-gcjnjccgkzwperbtbxcafirdtfxw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/libPods-Acceptance Tests-KIF.a(Pods-Acceptance Tests-KIF-dummy.o)

    /Users/daretomac/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Oracle_SRM-gcjnjccgkzwperbtbxcafirdtfxw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/libPods-Acceptance Tests.a(Pods-Acceptance Tests-KIF-dummy.o)

ld: 56 duplicate symbols for architecture i386

I removed Specta and just did a 'pod install' with the Podfile unchanged (i.e. just to update it and see), and i get the same issues. Any ideas? Prior to the release I was using the direct podspec URL (and only just installed it a few days ago).

Thanks!