Google Groups

Re: [julia-dev] RFC: data frame proposal

Tim Mar 22, 2012 10:46 AM
Posted in group: julia-dev
Hi Stefan,

This is interesting, and timely because it interacts with what we're thinking
about with the image library. I gather this is R-like, and I've not used R, so
I can't comment as fully as others surely can.

On Thursday, March 22, 2012 09:51:32 am Stefan Karpinski wrote:
> The basic idea is to have a parametric DataVec{T} type something like this:
>
> type DataVec{T}
>     data::Vector{T}
>     na::AbstractVector{Bool}
I'd add:
        fillvalue::T
That controls what gets put in place of an NA when you construct the object. I
suspect one want it to be 0 in most cases, but might as well make it flexible.

The rest seems reasonable to me, with the caveat that I don't know what a
DataFrame is.

Best,
--Tim