Google Groups

Re: distributions

Douglas Bates May 23, 2012 5:52 AM
Posted in group: julia-dev
On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:31:13 AM UTC-5, Stefan Karpinski wrote:
I've committed a very rough initial cut of some probability distribution types:

https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/blob/master/base/distributions.jl

This just defines how these are parameterized, and doesn't provide any functionality. The list is also very incomplete at this point (I got tired of typing them in). However, it's a start. We can start filling method definitions for the pdf, cdf and sample functions, etc.

It happens that I was working on some of the functionality last evening.  I will take what I did and put it in your framework.

You are using capitalized names for distributions, which I think is a good idea because it distinguishes such names as Logistic for the distribution and logistic for the function.  I will stay with that convention unless someone shouts (I think Jeff prefers lower-case names)