Google Groups

Re: [json-schema] coherent value dependencies

fge Mar 15, 2012 11:25 AM
Posted in group: JSON Schema
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 19:01, Alexandre Conrad
<alexandr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 15 mars 2012 01:31, Xample <flavien...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>> Not possible but you may make your own service:
>> {
>>
>>  "extends":{"$ref":"http://link/to/externalValidator/checkRange/{#/start}/{#/end}"}
>> }
>>
>> which will return the schema
>> {"deny":"any"}
>
> So is this how JSON validators should behave? Connect to an external
> HTTP service and validate values?

Not "should". As I said, currently, nothing is defined for such checks.

But it should be easy enough to plug in your own checks, no? FWIW, I
have the structure in place in my current implementation to add
arbitrary keywords which can check whatever you like, but it's an
extension out of thin air and non standard (oh, and it's Java).

--
Francis Galiegue, fgal...@gmail.com
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'