Google Groups

RE: [SAJUG] Desperate for some help - registration broke on my site

Kram May 1, 2012 7:27 AM
Posted in group: Southern African Joomla! User Group (SAJUG)
Hi Brendon,

Are you using the default Joomla! Registration or Virtuemart?

Regards,
Mark Brindley
0861-088-897
(Skype) kram-brindley
http://www.2large.co.za

-----Original Message-----
From: joomlasout...@googlegroups.com
[mailto:joomlasout...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Brendon Hatcher
Sent: 01 May 2012 03:33 PM
To: Southern African Joomla! User Group (SAJUG)
Subject: [SAJUG] Desperate for some help - registration broke on my site

Hi

I am running Joomla 2.5.4 with VirtueMart 2.0.6

The site was running fine.
I then had a problem with registering a new user in VirtueMart - it wouldn't
accept any email address, no matter how unique or valid.
On a hunch, I then went back to the Joomla core registration form and tried
to register a user there.
I got the following error message:

"The Email address you entered is already in use or invalid. Please enter
another Email address.
The Email addresses you entered do not match. Please enter your Email
address in the Email address field and confirm your entry by entering it in
the confirm Email field."

The email address is not in use on the site - I checked, and made up
completely random users The email address is not invalid, and is correctly
formatted The 2 email addresses entered do match - I even copied and pasted
the first into the second.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Brendon
--
*---
BrilliantWeb cc

Technical support and web site updates:
Phone: +27-31 208 0047 (8:30 - 17:00, GMT+2)
Email: sup...@brilliantweb.co.za
Skype: brilliantweb*

Sales: sa...@brilliantweb.co.za | Accounts: acco...@brilliantweb.co.za

*---