Google Groups

Joomla 2.5 Beta 1 out for developers to test

Andrew Eddie Dec 22, 2011 8:23 PM
Posted in group: Joomla! General Development
The wheels of the new development release cycle never stop :)  Joomla 2.5 Beta 1 is out aimed squarely at our Joomla developer and site builder community to test.

Four things are critical to test.
1) All versions of 1.6 and 1.7 automatically upgrade to 2.5
2) Things that used to work still do
3) New things work as advertised
4) Your favourite extensions for 1.6/7 install and work as expected on the beta

If you develop extensions (components, templates, plugins, etc), please take some time to test your code against the beta over the next few weeks and report back any issues.  The less surprises end users have the better (for you and Joomla as a whole).  The Joomla Platform has been upgraded while we are confident it's completely backward compatible, it's likely there are a few glitches.

Please ensure you test installs, usage and uninstalls with Site Debug on and Error Reporting set to maximum in Global Configuration

This is also an important release because this is the one people have been waiting to lock into before the 1.5 end-of-life passes, so it's worth your attention particularly if you haven't worried about 1.6 and 1.7 till now.

Finally, thanks to all those that are making 2.5 happen.  The new features look great!

Regards,
Andrew Eddie