Finance Director for Northeast Progressive Democrat
Date Needed: 9/1/2011
Time Frame: Full-Time – 2012 Cycle
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Description & Details
Seeking applicants for Finance Director to run an aggressive
fundraising operation in Maine during the 2012 election cycle for a US
Senate candidate. Candidate is a progressive State Representative
with strong environmental record and is the former Chair of the Maine
Legislature’s Committee on Energy.
• Work with the Candidate and Campaign Manager to create and execute a
winning fundraising plan for the primary election and possible general
•Establish quarterly and monthly fundraising goals and develop
strategies to reach those goals.
• Manage candidate call time, correspondence, other fundraising
activities to meet targets and deadlines.
• Manage follow up on all correspondence, pledges and donations.
• Identify and recruit new donors.
• Plan, execute, and evaluate fundraising events.
• Compliance: track money-in and record necessary compliance
information for FEC filings.
• Supervise & train Finance Staff in donor research, event planning, &
other support activities.
• Recruit and supervise interns/volunteers to assist with data entry
and other finance tasks.
• Support other campaign operations as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 1 cycle of statewide or congressional campaign finance
director experience, Senate experience preferred.
• Experience with NGP or other finance software
• Must be willing to relocate to Portland, Maine
• Position will require various and at times frequent travel around
• Must have a car
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience
How to Apply / Contact
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to
fin...@jonhinck.com - please write "Finance Director" in the subject
line of your email.
About Portland, Maine:
The central campaign office is located in Maine’s largest city,
Portland. Portland combines city amenities with a small town feel.
Nestled on the coast of Maine, two hours north of Boston, Portland
brings together a vibrant arts and music scene with the charm of a
seaside community welcoming individuals and families alike. Named by
Bon Appetit magazine as one of “America’s Foodiest Small Towns,”
visitors and year round residents can spend their days strolling
outdoors and taking part in the water recreational activities that
have caused Maine to earn its motto “Vacation Land.”