Google Groups

New topic proposal for the Tools Night: Java in the PaaS cloud

Ron Gross Feb 7, 2012 5:14 AM
Posted in group: Java & JVM Tel Aviv
If there's demand, I could prepare a talk about "Java Web Apps in the PaaS cloud":

PaaS, for anyone who does't know, is a code name for uploading a java "application" (servlet, Play app) to "the cloud", without worrying about server installations.
I did some research on PaaS options a few months ago, and I could demo Heroku, and talk a bit about Amazon Beanstalk and Google App Engine.

I really don't have any experience with Beanstalk or App Engine beyond what I read, so the focus would be Heroku (a demo of installing a Play app on Heroku ... could go well with my earlier Play demo)

Since we're getting quite full (we already have 6 confirmed talks, I'm not sure it's a good idea to add a 7th talk for this night ... but I'm just putting it out there to see if there's demand.

If there are other speakers that can properly present/demo Beanstalk and app Engine, we might want to take a few of these demos and group them into Tool Night 2.