Google Groups

Solr Client Problems

Peter MacDonald May 5, 2012 7:55 PM
Posted in group: islandora
RE: Islandora 11.3

There are several problems I have encountered in the box on the Solr Client for "Sort Field".

     http://<localhost>/admin/settings/islandora_solr_search

1. "Accending" should be spelled "Ascending"
2. "Decending" should be spelled "Descending"
3. When you select the radio box labeled "Accending" and save the form, the radio box reverts to "Decending".
3. More importantly, however, is that fact that the "Sort Field" option does not actually have any effect on the sort order of the Solr results.

Sort field:
Results will be sorted on this field. If left blank will default to score
Sort Order:
 Accending
 Decending

To confirm that the "Sort field" in the form is not being processed, try setting "Debug" ON in the Solr Client and run a search. You can then see in the Solr search array dump that "sort" is not a parameter being used in the Solr search. I've confirmed this behavior on the current Islandora Sandbox as well.

  • solr query
  • Params:
    Array
    (
        [facet] => true
        [facet.mincount] => 2
        [facet.limit] => 10
        [qt] => standard
        [hl] => true
        [hl.fl] =>
        [hl.fragsize] => 400
        [facet.field] => Array
            (
                [0] => mods.genreLocal_s
                [1] => mods.languageTermText_s
            )

        [fq] => Array
            (
                [0] => mods.genreLocal_s:"still image"
                [1] => PID:HamiltonJapaneseComparativeFilm*
            )

    )

    Looking at two of the files involved in processing the form output parameters, namely,

    1. IslandoraSolrResults.inc (and)
    2. IslandoraSolrQueryProcessor.inc

    I don't see that either one of these files actually processes the form's value "islandora_solr_search_sort_field" and adds it to the search.

    Have these problems been resolved in Islandora version 12?

    Thanks,
    Peter