Google Groups

Re: [islandora] XML Form Builder display issues

David Wilcox Feb 13, 2012 11:04 AM
Posted in group: islandora
Hi Ryan,

Have you had a look at the default MODS forms included in Islandora?
Each of them uses a number of drop-down fields, so you could open one
of these forms up for editing in the XML Form Builder and see how
these fields have been constructed.

You can change the way fields and labels are displayed in one of two ways:

1. By using CSS via the theme layer
2. By using the Attributes section under More Advanced Controls in the
XML Form Builder - but this would make changes on a field-by-field
basis: http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/developer%21topics%21forms_api_reference.html/6#attributes.

So if you want to change the look of more than one or two fields you
should probably do that using CSS.

Hope this helps!

David

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Ryan Johnson
<ryan.emers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I am relatively new to the Form Builder interface, but finally
> figured out how to properly create a 'select' type of field. However,
> it currently displays in a simple selectable field with the listed
> values I input. Ideally I want a combo box / drop down situation with
> a button for drop downs. These options don't seem to appear in the
> 'Advanced Form Controls' tab. How do I go about this?
>
> Also as an aside, I usually see in documentation vastly different
> theming, if you will, of the resultant forms, and I am interested in
> how I would, for example, make the field label and field horizontal
> (on the same level, row, whatever you want to call it) instead of
> vertical (field label followed by the field on the next line). Is this
> beyond the Form Builder's capabilities?
>
> Thanks!

David Wilcox, BA, MLIS
Islandora Training/Support Coordinator