Google Groups

Re: [islandora] Re: Crosswalking MODS to DC

Peter MacDonald May 5, 2012 8:10 PM
Posted in group: islandora
Don:

I only have a working DC 2 MODS xslt that I wrote that works for us, I do NOT have one that goes from MODS to DC. If you know where I can get one, I'll be happy to get it and to customize it to meet our local needs. Then I'll try the curl thing.

Peter

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Don <don....@gmail.com> wrote:
Peter do you have a MODS to DC xslt that works for you? Something you've tested in Oxygen or something else?

Sounds like you might be missing a xsl processor on your box? Or there might be something misconfigured?

You could curl that MODS records out of your the objects in your Fedora and do something like this to convert them to DC using your transform ... then you could curl them back in. To use the script below you would need to have xalan or some other xslt processor installed on your machine.

### script to get transform MODS to DC
###  Transforming TEI to Plaintext  ###############
#
# pids.txt is a list of your PIDS less the namespace
#
for PID in `cat pids.txt`
#
do
###  tranform MODS to DC ###############
      echo $PID
      java org
.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN $PID.xml -XSL mods2dc.xsl -OUT $PID-dc.xml

done

Give that a try.
Don

On Saturday, May 5, 2012 9:41:38 AM UTC-3, Peter MacDonald wrote:
Each of our Fedora records were ingested by a python script and have a MODS datastream, but on ingest the MODS field values did not get copied over into the DC datastream. The DC just has dc:title and dc:identifier.

Is there a way (command-line perhaps) to force populating the DC from the MODS datastream after the records have already been ingested?

Peter
Hamilton College Library