Google Groups

Re: Some source release planned? :)

Nick Tzanos Mar 13, 2012 8:09 AM
Posted in group: Intype (Public)
At the moment, as Martin said in another post, you just need to create a new project and then drop any folders you want. But the functionality you ask for is already announced.
Being a personal text editor fan myself, and hearing this argument all the time, I do not really think that opening the source will change anything. I've seen it happen. If the main developers stop supporting a project, even if it is open source it very rarely gains any more features. On the other hand, I am very much favorable on the editor becoming actually extensible. This is where the community usually comes in. Even in "traditional open source" editors (or whatever you might want to call them) like Emacs and Vi(m), the community focuses almost entirely on extending the software with plugins, and not adding to the core functionality. The main developers for both are STILL there. This is what is upping the versions of the software. But having an extensible and well written product, then you can have a vibrant and active community extending the functionlity of the core product.

Just my two cents,

Nikos

On Tuesday, 13 March 2012 09:25:14 UTC, Dev_NIX Coder wrote:
There are a couple of bugs, and if I drop a folder in the project's sidebar, it doesn't anything. Do you have plans to have a source release? The community can help a lot! ;D