Google Groups

Re: [BOB] French-threaded Pedals?

Rich Freeman May 12, 2012 5:59 PM
Posted in group: internet-bob
If you re-thread, you don't need helicoils.  Simply tap to English.  French is slightly smaller and it works fine.

Rich Freeman
Pittsburgh, PA

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:06 PM
Subject: [BOB] French-threaded Pedals?

Thinking of using a TA crankset that takes French pedals, and looking for comments and recommendations.  I see several options: retread the pedals to English (Helicoil), buy a set of French Atom 700 NOS, a set of the Maillard platform pedals, a set of Lyotard Berthets, or ... not sure I can think of any others I've seen lately.

What do you say?  It's all for my Terraferma 650b build.  It's not an old French bike, but it's certainly a rando in a French style.