Google Groups

Re: Constantly getting "Media search error. Please try again shortly" error.

boesl Jun 26, 2012 1:42 PM
Posted in group: Instagram API Developers
same issue here. was working good and stable a week ago, but now every call ends with media search error.
the location doesn't matter i think

Am Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012 21:43:35 UTC+2 schrieb Matt Lea:
Hey everyone.
I am working on releasing a simple mobile app that pulls a feed of the Instagram photos being taking around your current location. Its almost ready for BETA but I keep getting inconsistent responses from Instagram's APIs. When the API responds it works great but every once in a while it gets stuck where it responds over and over again with the following:

Array ( [meta] => Array ( [error_type] => APIError [code] => 400 [error_message] => Media search error. Please try again shortly ) )

Here are some links that might be useful:
The link to the mobile web app(note if you visit this from a desktop you will not get all of the functionality):

A link to the Android app on google play:

Any Ideas?