Google Groups

Re: Some tags are missing

Mike Krieger Mar 6, 2012 3:23 PM
Posted in group: Instagram API Developers
Hi Jerome,

We've stopped serving feeds (both in app and API) for some tags that were too generic and didn't provide enough end-user value; "iPhone" is one of them (as are the rest on the list).

Cheers,
--
Mike Krieger
Co-founder, Instagram

On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 3:17 AM, Jérôme Mahuet wrote:

Hi Instagram team,

As of today we detected some new errors on our IG web-viewer related to tags.
Some tags seems to be no reachable anymore — for example “iphone”.

Let’s take a look at what the API returns:

tags/search?q=iphone
returns: nothing but we know this tag is heavily used.

/tags/iphone
returns:
"error_type": "APINotAllowedError",
"code": 400,
"error_message": "This tag cannot be viewed"

/tags/iphone/media/recent
returns:
"error_type": "APINotAllowedError",
"code": 400,
"error_message": "This tag cannot be viewed"

List of tags which seems impacted:
  • iphone
  • instagram
  • iphoneography