Google Groups

Re: [LUG@IITD:15790] BSNL broadband on Linux

sudev Apr 10, 2012 8:23 AM
Posted in group: Linux User Group @ IIT Delhi

Reminds me of struggle in getting USB modem working under Linux a long time back. Could not get it working but there was a project from France about this. Unfortunately the modem I had was listed as not workable. Google bhai se poocho.

On Apr 10, 2012 8:25 PM, "Alok Singh Mahor" <> wrote:
Hi all,
my friend is using BSNL broadband in Punjab using quidway Wa1003A (its a ADSL modem capable of connecting via USB/LAN/wifi).
He is using Kubutnu 11.10 and want to use internet on it. we tried to setup using pppoeconf and KDE's network manager. but pppoeconf is unable to detect the modem.
is anyone using this modem on Linux over LAN cable or wifi? or how to set up this modem on Linux?

Alok Singh Mahor
Join the next generation of computing, Open Source and Linux/GNU!!

Mailing list guidelines and other related articles: