Google Groups

Re: [Minimalist Runner:115305] Re: Thermoregulation and Moisture-wicking Materials; A Major Detriment to Performance

JZ Jul 14, 2012 10:11 AM
Posted in group: Minimalist Runner - Barefoot, Sandals, Shoes
Similar to Gordo's suggestion, Noakes recommends putting water on the skin (sponging) to help reduce heat stress.  I've been dipping my (moisture wicking) shirt into a stream about halfway through my runs lately.  I don't know if this helps reduce my core temp, but it certainly feels good.

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM, gordo <gaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well for something like WS, laying down in the water for a few minutes at every stream crossing comes to mind. Doing that without wicking clothing might be pretty uncomfortable, though.

Gordo

On Saturday, July 14, 2012 7:39:36 AM UTC-7, Jason Robillard wrote:
http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/2012/07/14/thermoregulation-and-running-a-cool-idea/

My ramblings on core body temp as a detriment to performance. It ties into the discussions about Waterlogged, and is an extension on the moisture-wicking discussions we had awhile ago.

The question- what else can we do to reduce body temps when the natural mechanisms aren't enough? Let's assume we're racing and performance is the goal.

--
"Minimalist Runner - Barefoot, Sandals, Shoes..." hosted by Barefoot Ted

Membership Options: http://groups.google.com/group/huaraches/subscribe

--
Joe