Google Groups

Re: Thermoregulation and Moisture-wicking Materials; A Major Detriment to Performance

Juha Myllylä Jul 15, 2012 2:24 AM
Posted in group: Minimalist Runner - Barefoot, Sandals, Shoes
Well, I doubt that this would be so simple. Tech clothes are also
usually much lighter and allow wind to chill body much more than
cotton shirts. And when sweat evaporates on the surface of the shirt,
it cools the shirt, it should have some effect to body also..

That Xbionic -video was so much full of bullshit. Those high tech
running conditions were so unrealistic and severe dehydration in 15
minutes? Yeah, sure. That guy had most probably done some heat
adaption training before he tried running in xbionics.