Google Groups

Re: Thermoregulation and Moisture-wicking Materials; A Major Detriment to Performance

Nick J Jul 14, 2012 10:11 AM
Posted in group: Minimalist Runner - Barefoot, Sandals, Shoes
Nice post Jason, this was my thinking a few weeks back when I posted something similar on here.  I'm pretty much sold on this idea now and will be looking out for some organic white cotton tees. Hopefully it'll get hot here again soon.

On Saturday, 14 July 2012 16:39:36 UTC+2, Jason Robillard wrote:
http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/2012/07/14/thermoregulation-and-running-a-cool-idea/

My ramblings on core body temp as a detriment to performance. It ties into the discussions about Waterlogged, and is an extension on the moisture-wicking discussions we had awhile ago.

The question- what else can we do to reduce body temps when the natural mechanisms aren't enough? Let's assume we're racing and performance is the goal.