Google Groups

Re: [Minimalist Runner:115348] Re: Thermoregulation and Moisture-wicking Materials; A Major Detriment to Performance

Jason Robillard Jul 14, 2012 12:23 PM
Posted in group: Minimalist Runner - Barefoot, Sandals, Shoes
Since it's difficult to keep water cold in races, most ends up being close to body temperature anyway.

The ice typically added to water bottles or hydration packs could be useful to lower body temp, though.

On Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:15:35 PM UTC-7, Viking Runner wrote:
.....they also drink hot tea....

carl

From: runs_with_kona <shin....@gmail.com>
To: huar...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sat, July 14, 2012 3:07:05 PM
Subject: [Minimalist Runner:115348] Re: Thermoregulation and Moisture-wicking Materials; A Major Detriment to Performance

I think the bedouins know a thing about staying cool in hot dry weather.

why do bedouins wear black robes ?

http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/index.php/t-65287.html

On Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:39:36 AM UTC-5, Jason Robillard wrote:
http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/2012/07/14/thermoregulation-and-running-a-cool-idea/

My ramblings on core body temp as a detriment to performance. It ties into the discussions about Waterlogged, and is an extension on the moisture-wicking discussions we had awhile ago.

The question- what else can we do to reduce body temps when the natural mechanisms aren't enough? Let's assume we're racing and performance is the goal.

--
"Minimalist Runner - Barefoot, Sandals, Shoes..." hosted by Barefoot Ted

Membership Options: http://groups.google.com/group/huaraches/subscribe